- Dr Mansell's most notable achievement was his role in establishing the remediation program for the Collins Class submarine and his work with the Navy to bring the subs to operational capability.
- The hulls were ripped off the towed sub during a fierce storm and the submarine sank in 170 metres of water.
- There's a good chance they could fire on one of our own subs if we had submarines looking as well.
1.1North American short for submarine sandwich.
- I made a silent bet with myself that I would ONLY stop if it were a TURKEY SUB day - subs aren't exactly on my diet.
- Today, I kinda cheated on Lunchquest because I went back to The Goose, where I had a mushroom, peppers, and cheese melt sub, and a cup of coffee, all for £3.50.
- My own two boys play with local junior football clubs, where the annual subs are £50 per season, plus at least twice that amount supporting various fund-raising efforts.
- Their joining fee was twice annual subscription up until September last year when they reduced it to the same as annual subs.
- Enjoy it, because an annual sub is a heart-stopping $995 a year, discounted to $695 if you sign up now.
- Widening the net, there is a whole football family Robinson christened Paul with enough having played at professional level to field a five-a-side team with two subs.
- The remainder of the game saw the introduction of subs for both teams with Carlow introducing some significant players for next season's campaign.
- In fact on one occasion when Kiltimagh were playing in a 7-a-side in Killasser he brought the whole team plus three subs to the game.
verb (subs, subbing, subbed)[no object]
Act as a substitute for someone: he subbed for Scott as weatherman
More example sentences
- Even though I filled in for Gallagher for only one day, while Treason author Ann Coulter subbed for two, I got three times as many emails from listeners about my show as she did about hers - nearly 900.
- As for Brooks, who is very good on the PBS talking head circuit (I subbed for him a few years ago and I was a nervous wreck), more than anything else, I feel sad.
- The DRC's Foreign Minister, Antoine Mangalibi, subbed for Kabila.
Words that rhyme with subblub, bub, chub, Chubb, club, cub, drub, dub, flub, grub, hub, nub, pub, rub, scrub, shrub, slub, snub, stub, tub
Definition of sub in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.