- Viewed in relation to the eternal; in a universal perspective: sub specie aeternitatis the authors have got it about rightMore example sentences
- One hopes, perhaps, sub specie aeternitatis, but one helps, if at all, only here and now.
- It is rooted in an ontology that views life sub specie aeternitatis and contradicts utilitarian claims for viewing life sub specie temporis.
- The vision of life under the aspect of eternity, sub specie aeternitatis, is one reflected on by poets, saints, philosophers, and astronomers, but rarely portrayed in novels.
Latin, literally 'under the aspect of eternity'.
More definitions of sub specie aeternitatisDefinition of sub specie aeternitatis in:
- The British & World English dictionary