- Denoting or occurring in the fluid-filled space around the brain between the arachnoid membrane and the pia mater, through which major blood vessels pass.More example sentences
- Major findings include subdural and subarachnoid hemorrhages and diffuse axonal injury in the brain and retinal hemorrhages in the eyes.
- Local extension, rapid growth, invasion of adjacent structures, and CNS spread via the ventricular system or subarachnoid space are often suggestive of, but not always diagnostic of, malignancy.
- I have been through a serious medical ordeal, involving a subarachnoid aneurysm (blood vessel in my brain leaking) and subsequent brain surgery.
More definitions of subarachnoidDefinition of subarachnoid in:
- The British & World English dictionary