Definition of subconscious in English:
Of or concerning the part of the mind of which one is not fully aware but which influences one’s actions and feelings: my subconscious fear
More example sentences
- I began to realise how much it was influencing me on a subconscious level.
- It's part of their program, which has influenced them on a subconscious level.
- The person that was Lee Crane had ceased to exist on all but the deepest subconscious level.
noun(one's/the subconscious) Back to top
The subconscious part of the mind (not in technical use in psychoanalysis, where unconscious is preferred).
- School days always remain a nostalgia that refuses to leave one's subconscious like an aged ink stain on the shirt.
- It's not often however that the effect of music on one's subconscious gets discussed.
- I believe nightmares are a gift of our subconscious to our conscious minds.
(unconscious) mind, imagination, inner(most) self, psyche
- Example sentences
- It was a fun thing to do, and I never felt traumatised then, but I think subconsciously it always stuck with me in a weird way.
- I subconsciously licked my lips, put my gaze on her lips then traveled it back up to her eyes.
- I don't think the film is trying to making a misogynist point, even subconsciously.
- Example sentences
- This level of interpretation happens right where subconsciousness and consciousness meet and right where subjectivity and objectivity (external reality) meet.
- In India although people don't practice yoga, but if you will tell them something it's very clear to them, because it is in their subconsciousness existing, it is their philosophy which comes from the country.
- Psychiatrists said that reading such information could negatively influence people's subconsciousness and even lead to extreme actions.
Words that rhyme with subconsciousconscious, unselfconscious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.