A large, distinguishable part of a continent, such as North America or southern Africa. See also Indian subcontinent.
- Chutzpah and discipline more than muscle built the Empire on the subcontinent.
- They can bind relationships even beyond the mental and geographical barriers of a subcontinent.
- This system will develop over the southeastern subcontinent and may reach Namibia's eastern parts.
- Example sentences
- Does the richness of the tradition of argument make much difference to subcontinental lives today?
- Dismissing, optimistically, the threats of African AIDS and Indian subcontinental nuclear lunacy, there will be huge population pressures in the poorer countries over the next few decades.
- I had 20-page faxes of handwritten itineraries, imploring phone calls in the middle of the night, notes from strangers, the itinerant yogis of subcontinental tourism.
Words that rhyme with subcontinentcontinent
Definition of subcontinent in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.