noun (plural subdirectories)Computing
- A directory below another directory in a hierarchy.More example sentences
- For example, a given directory may have subdirectories but no files, or you may have just processed the last subdirectory of a last subdirectory, and so on.
- You can see the overall usage in the center of the circle, then various directories and subdirectories branching out.
- The theory is that each module would have a directory containing source code and under it would be subdirectories for architecture-specific items (compiled object files, libraries and executables).
More definitions of subdirectoryDefinition of subdirectory in:
- The British & World English dictionary