- The fourth note of the diatonic scale of any key.More example sentences
- That Schubert is fond of modulating to the subdominant is well-known.
- His discovery may lead him to improvise B sections in the subdominant.
- In some pieces it is the last accidental one hears, such as the second ‘Brandenburg’ Concerto, though this is more to be expected: the farewell wave to the subdominant, so to speak.
More definitions of subdominantDefinition of subdominant in:
- The British & World English dictionary