verb[with object] (usually as adjective suberized) Botany
Impregnate (the wall of a plant cell) with suberin: suberized cell walls
More example sentences
- This idea is supported by experiments that showed dye permeation through suberized walls of epidermal cells.
- The surface of the calli and the cut edge of the bark were suberized.
- In its functional role as a relative, not absolute, diffusion barrier for small solutes, the pine nexine resembles suberized and/or cutinized cell walls and Casparian strips.
- Example sentences
- Increased rates of suberization and lignification in the exodermis may lead to a greater resistance to the entry of materials into the root apoplast.
- The roles in defence include oxidation of hydroxy-cinnamyl alcohols into free radical intermediates, phenol oxidation, cross-linking of polysaccharides and of extensin monomers, lignification and suberization.
- These changes have been mostly investigated over a long-term period and are clearly associated with profound anatomical adaptations including the suberization and lignification of cell walls.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of suberize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.