- A supporting frame, especially one into which a window or door is set, or one to which the engine or suspension of a car without a true chassis is attached.More example sentences
- It is a one-piece cast-aluminum liftgate whose vertical casting process can be adapted to the production of door frames, firewalls, engine subframes, vehicle pillars, shock towers, and floor frames.
- The front subframe uses hydroformed components for lightweight strength; the subframe is attached to the body with rubber floating mounts to minimize noise and vibration.
- Specific features such as the front and rear chassis subframes are also consistent with the 626% general layout, though there are no hand-me-down panels or parts.
More definitions of subframeDefinition of subframe in:
- The British & World English dictionary