- 1A subdivision of a group.More example sentences
- These groups were further subdivided into subgroups according to the body mass of the respective species.
- These groups were subdivided into two subgroups of eight animals each: one male and one female.
- A second subgroup, the episodically homeless, account for approximately 10 percent.
- 1.1 Mathematics A group whose members are all members of another group, both being subject to the same operations.More example sentences
- Although Euler's work is, of course, not stated in group theoretic terms he does provide an example of the decomposition of an abelian group into cosets of a subgroup.
- The procedure, today much used in computer implementations, enumerates the cosets of a subgroup of finite index in a finitely presented group.
- After further papers on subgroups of infinite abelian groups and normal numbers he wrote a series of eight papers on Arithmetic on curves of genus 1.
More definitions of subgroupDefinition of subgroup in:
- The British & World English dictionary