Definition of subharmonic in English:
An oscillation with a frequency equal to an integral submultiple of another frequency.
- The Grimm Ambient drags even lower with ‘Bathory,’ starting with thudding subharmonics, spreading out and shuddering to reluctant end.
- The subharmonics are too erratic to be electronics.
- Kosmos offers good, clean subharmonics: There is no mistracking, and it is quiet and clean.
adjectiveBack to top
Denoting or involving a subharmonic.
- Peak amplitude of subharmonic component was measured by continuously averaging the acoustic spectrum until a steady value was reached.
- Acoustic guitar and bass receive treatment from a dbx 120 subharmonic processor.
- His most important work was in function theory, in particular Nevanlinna theory and the growth of subharmonic functions.
Definition of subharmonic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan