- A taxonomic category that ranks below kingdom and above phylum or division.More example sentences
- They are placed in their own subkingdom because they are so unlike any other animals.
- These organisms were previously classified as a primitive subkingdom of the plant kingdom, the thallophytes: plants that lack true roots, stems, leaves, and flowers.
- It is impossible to divide the first two subkingdoms according this principle and we can consider that there is only one type in each of them.
More definitions of subkingdomDefinition of subkingdom in:
- The British & World English dictionary