verb(sublets, subletting; past and past participle sublet) [with object]
Lease (a property) to a subtenant: I quit my job and sublet my apartment
More example sentences
- The respondent's lease contained a covenant against subletting; and the superior landlord might well wish to be heard on the question whether or not there was an existing sub-tenancy.
- In 1994, SkyDome Corporation took over the premises and sublet the property.
- He confirmed reports that some farmers in Mkushi farm bloc were subletting their farms.
1 another term for sublease.
- It is unbearably slow and cumbersome, and it's not connecting students with leases and sublets as well as the old orange card system.
- Landlord forces new increase after sublet or assignment of lease. • No heat until or if landlord decides, if heating is included in the lease.
- Tenants may, and many do, sublet to others, becoming landlords themselves.
1.1 informal A property that has been subleased.
- I'm thinking about entering into a friendly agreement over an apartment sublet with someone I trust completely.
- He may also be able to find a sublet, many of the med students go home for the summer, so he may be able to find a furnished room/apartment for cheap.
- Sandra Meader, a UW physics grad, rented a sublet for an eight-month lease for $150 a month, which she found posted on the SLC bulletin board.
Words that rhyme with subletabet, aiguillette, anisette, Annette, Antoinette, arête, Arlette, ate, baguette, banquette, barbette, barrette, basinet, bassinet, beget, Bernadette, beset, bet, Bette, blanquette, Brett, briquette, brochette, brunette (US brunet), Burnett, cadet, caravanette, cassette, castanet, charette, cigarette (US cigaret), clarinet, Claudette, Colette, coquette, corvette, couchette, courgette, croquette, curette, curvet, Debrett, debt, dinette, diskette, duet, epaulette (US epaulet), flageolet, flannelette, forget, fret, galette, gazette, Georgette, get, godet, grisette, heavyset, Jeanette, jet, kitchenette, La Fayette, landaulet, launderette, layette, lazaret, leatherette, let, Lett, lorgnette, luncheonette, lunette, Lynette, maisonette, majorette, maquette, Marie-Antoinette, marionette, Marquette, marquisette, martinet, met, minaret, minuet, moquette, motet, musette, Nanette, net, noisette, nonet, novelette, nymphet, octet, Odette, on-set, oubliette, Paulette, pet, Phuket, picquet, pillaret, pincette, pipette, piquet, pirouette, planchette, pochette, quartet, quickset, quintet, regret, ret, Rhett, roomette, rosette, roulette, satinette, septet, serviette, sestet, set, sett, sextet, silhouette, soubrette, spinet, spinneret, statuette, stet, stockinet, suffragette, Suzette, sweat, thickset, threat, Tibet, toilette, tret, underlet, upset, usherette, vedette, vet, vignette, vinaigrette, wagonette, wet, whet, winceyette, yet, Yvette
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of sublet in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.