- (Of a stimulus or mental process) below the threshold of sensation or consciousness; perceived by or affecting someone’s mind without their being aware of it.More example sentences
subconscious, unconscious; hidden, concealed
- A number of these studies have used subliminal stimuli to produce the increase in positive affect.
- As is typical with this method, no participant reported being aware of the subliminal faces.
- An audio subliminal message could be defined as a verbal stimulus perceived below the threshold of awareness.
- More example sentences
- The conclusion that the affective meaning of these subliminally presented stimuli was processed by the participants, stems from two lines of observations.
- Based on these data it can be concluded that affective priming for subliminally presented stimuli is a replicable phenomenon.
- We just don't realize how exactly we're being subliminally influenced.