- The use by advertisers of images and sounds to influence consumers' responses without their being conscious of it.More example sentences
- One technique of persuasion that relies on the power of emotion to influence our judgements is subliminal advertising.
- Key's claims about subliminal advertising were commonly taught by advertising educators, particularly at universities.
- But I drive past the sign to it on the A12 every time I go to Brighton, and after a year of subliminal advertising, I feel I just have to go.
More definitions of subliminal advertisingDefinition of subliminal advertising in:
- The British & World English dictionary