Definition of subsequent in English:
1Coming after something in time; following: the theory was developed subsequent to the earthquake of 1906
More example sentences
- Had they existed at any time subsequent to their split in 1983, they would have been big.
- The theft of the items could have been subsequent to the murder and not the reason for it, for example.
- Mr Milford's conviction has subsequent to the hearing been quashed and a retrial ordered.
1.1 Geology (Of a stream or valley) having a direction or character determined by the resistance to erosion of the underlying rock, and typically following the strike of the strata.
- Erosion and subsequent overcompaction were taken into account in the calculation.
- Then, the rock was buried underneath subsequent rock and was subjected to high pressures and temperatures, causing the rock to recrystallize.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia