A person who leases property from a tenant.
More example sentences
- But some of the subtenants also accumulated substantial property and formed part of the governing élite.
- The Judge chose the latter date because it seems that he took the view that after this date Mr Kausar no longer believed that the tenant or the subtenant had broken the window or made the threats.
- Glenview's counsel is prepared, for the purposes of this motion for judgment, to accept a calculation based on the assumption that the subtenants will exercise all available options under the lease.
- More example sentences
- It would conflict with this principle if the destruction of a tenancy by surrender carried with it the destruction of the interest of a subtenant under a subtenancy previously granted.
- It was not a valuation of the unexpired term remaining after the expiration of the subtenancies in September 1997.
- Accordingly a covenant forbidding assigning does not prevent the creation of a subtenancy or a licence; similarly a covenant against subletting does not prevent an assignment or the creation of a licence.
Definition of subtenant in:
- The British & World English dictionary