- Further, the dietetic text provided the model for the early written recipes, typically succinct and summary.
- The text fields are clearly separated and succinct, and keep the reader interested.
- There aren't many movie directors prepared to offer succinct class-war summaries in an interview.
- Example sentences
- It presents the theory of dimension for separable metric spaces with what seems to be an impossible mixture of depth, clarity, precision, succinctness, and comprehensiveness.
- Outstanding for her succinctness and profundity, she reminded one of her editors of Beethoven in his late period: ‘Where everything is getting pared down but the content is more concentrated’.
- In his collection, poetic romance and realism, luxury and succinctness, conservatism and novelty are combined in a perfect way.
Late Middle English (in the sense 'encircled'): from Latin succinctus 'tucked up', past participle of succingere, from sub- 'from below' + cingere 'gird'.
Words that rhyme with succinctdistinct, extinct
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.