Definition of succinic acid in English:
A crystalline organic acid which occurs in living tissue as an intermediate in glucose metabolism.
- Like these two principal grape acids, pure succinic acid is a white crystalline solid that is very soluble in water and alcoholic water solutions such as wine.
- This alcohol was then conjugated to one of the COOH groups of succinic acid, forming an ester linkage.
- Cells were then washed twice with distilled water and incubated further for 5 hr in an equal volume of yeast extract-peptone media containing 2% (w/v) glycerol and 1% succinic acid.
- Example sentences
- In fact, it has been shown that anaerobic-tolerant plants can produce various metabolites, such as alanine, succinate, aminobutyrate, and malate, as fermentation end-products.
- Addition of succinate induced polarization of the inner membrane followed by rapid and transient depolarizations.
- Succinyl CoA is cleaved by succinyl CoA synthetase to release succinate.
Definition of succinic acid in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.