- A drug used in the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers. It is a complex of aluminum hydroxide and a sulfate derivative of sucrose.More example sentences
- Allowing a four to six hour interval between the administration of antacids or sucralfate and fluoroquinolones avoids these interactions.
- New peptic ulcers are treated with H2 blockers such as cimetidine or sucralfate (a stomach coater) and treatment of the Helicobacter infection is reserved for patients with recurrent disease in whom the organism is present.
- Antacids containing aluminum or magnesium, sucralfate, citric acid buffered with sodium citrate, or ferrous sulfate can decrease the bioavailability of trovafloxacin.
More definitions of sucralfateDefinition of sucralfate in:
- The British & World English dictionary