The production of a partial vacuum by the removal of air in order to force fluid into a vacant space or procure adhesion.
- As Thomas points out, these studies achieved negative pressure by using wall suction devices or surgical vacuum bottles.
- Some machines combine both hydroexcavation and sewer cleaning by water jetting and vacuum suction.
- It has mechanical arms that can grab and dig as well as water jets and suction pipes to gently clear away mud and sand.
Remove (something) using suction: physicians used a tube to suction out the gallstones
More example sentences
- Copious edema fluid was suctioned from the oropharyngeal tube.
- The airway was suctioned and an endotracheal tube was placed.
- After the procedure is completed, the surgeon rinses and suctions the mouth thoroughly to remove all blood and debris and closes the intraoral wound before removing the throat pack.
Words that rhyme with suctionabduction, conduction, construction, deduction, destruction, eduction, effluxion, induction, instruction, introduction, misconstruction, obstruction, production, reduction, ruction, seduction, underproduction
Definition of suction in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.