- A disease of various oaks and other forest trees, sometimes resulting in sudden death as a result of bark cankers that encircle the trunk.
More example sentences
- The infecting organism is the water mold Phytophthora Ramorum
- The training will focus on identifying sudden oak death, a disease not yet found in Nebraska that kills oaks and other plants, Chaky said.
- Among the examples cited: sudden oak death, now ravaging California's trees by the thousands, and citrus canker, wreaking havoc on Florida despite $200 million spent to control it.
- Laboratory tests indicate that eastern red and pin oaks, some blueberry varieties, and perhaps certain rhododendrons, viburnums, and other landscape plants are highly susceptible to sudden oak death.