- A puzzle in which players insert the numbers one to nine into a grid consisting of nine squares subdivided into a further nine smaller squares in such a way that every number appears once in each horizontal line, vertical line, and square.More example sentences
- I guess the most basic difference is that sudoku is a puzzle of logic - not a puzzle of esoteric knowledge and literate playfulness.
- Already more popular than sudoku in Japan, this number grid puzzle is described as the mathematical equivalent of crosswords.
- Martin Love may have scored the first half of his innings mostly in boundaries yesterday, but in the intervening period between his 47th and 48th runs, a woman in the crowd completed four pages of sudoku puzzles.
early 21st century: from Japanese Sūdoku, from sū- (in sūji 'number') + -doku (in dokushin 'single status'), elements of the puzzle's former name.
More definitions of sudokuDefinition of sudoku in:
- The British & World English dictionary