Definition of sugar cane in English:
A perennial tropical grass with tall stout jointed stems from which sugar is extracted. The fibrous residue can be used as fuel, in fiberboard, and for a number of other purposes.
- Genus Saccharum, family Gramineae: several species, in particular S. officinarum and its hybrids
- However, the economy is primarily agrarian, with principal crops of rice, sugar cane, maize, and wheat.
- On the Pacific Coast they grow rice, cotton, sugar cane, and barley for sale.
- Like all grasses, sugar cane has a jointed stem, and its leaves and branches come from the shoots at each joint.
Definition of sugar cane in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.