Definition of sugaring in English:
1 (also sugaring off) North American The boiling down of maple sap until it thickens into syrup or crystallizes into sugar.
- Our first venture into sugaring was a stove-top operation: sap boiled on the kitchen range to produce two or three quarts for our own use.
- For us, sugaring is a wonderful part of our lives all year around, a special blend of hard work, good times, and lasting memories.
- We were planning to boil it down later that night for a sugaring off party the next day.
2A method of removing unwanted hair by applying a mixture of lemon juice, sugar, and water to the skin and then peeling it off together with the hair.
- An ancient method of hair removal that originated in Egypt, sugaring is similar to waxing, but without the heat.
- Waxing and sugaring are very similar hair-removal processes, where a thin layer of wax or gel is applied in the direction of hair growth, then covered with a strip of fabric, which is pulled off in the direction opposite to hair growth.
- Manufacturers such as Moom and Touchme claim sugaring is less painful than waxing because the gel sticks to hair better than it does to skin.
Definition of sugaring in:
- British & World English dictionary