- A small round candy of flavored boiled sugar.More example sentences
- He first danced in it as a student in St. Petersburg, falling captive to its special, crystal magic, the warm cheer of its Christmas party giving way to a world as cold as a snowflake and as sweet as a sugarplum.
- Beautifully packaged, it also makes a personal gift for the holidays: Five-spice cashew brittle, rich maple fudge, or crunchy peppermint bark will inspire visions of sugarplums for everyone on your list.
- While we're not suggesting that doctors and administrators at the hospitals in question deserve a sack of sugarplums and a hefty Christmas bonus this year, we do think they deserve more than an impromptu crucifixion.
More definitions of sugarplumDefinition of sugarplum in:
- The British & World English dictionary