adjectiveBotany & Zoology
- Marked with parallel grooves.More example sentences
- Dorsal valve only slightly sulcate, with very shallow sulcus originating in the umbonal area.
- Species of sections Musa and Rhodochlamys share common characteristics, possessing the same chromosome number and having bracts that are generally sulcate, glaucous and that become revolute on fading.
- Ibergirhynchia contraria can be distinguished from representatives of Dzieduszyckia by its sulcate brachial valve and fold on the pedicle valve.
mid 18th century: from Latin sulcatus 'furrowed', past participle of sulcare.
More definitions of sulcateDefinition of sulcate in:
- The British & World English dictionary