(chiefly British also sulphamethoxazole)
- A sulfonamide antibiotic used to treat respiratory and urinary tract infections, and as a component of the preparation co-trimoxazole.More example sentences
- Their data demonstrated a significant benefit (resolution of symptoms at 21 days) in patients with moderate to severe symptoms who were treated with antibiotics (amoxicillin, trimethoprim / sulfamethoxazole, or doxycycline).
- The top 11 causative agents were vancomycin, amphotericin B, gentamicin, contrast dye, morphine, acyclovir, sulfamethoxazole / trimethoprim, diltiazem, etoposide, and intravenous immune globulin.
- Alternative agents for recurring or chronic otitis media include the non-beta-lactam drugs trimethoprim / sulfamethoxazole, erythromycin/sulfisoxazole, and clarithromycin.
More definitions of sulfamethoxazoleDefinition of sulfamethoxazole in:
- The British & World English dictionary