(chiefly British also sulphone)
- An organic compound containing a sulfonyl group linking two organic groups.More example sentences
- Isolatable, water soluble, and hydrolytically stable active sulfones of poly (ethylene glycol) and related polymers for modification of surfaces and molecules
- People went from worshipping snakes or the sun god, or trying to get bitten by a cobra, to giving chaulmoogra oil by rubbing, orally, or by injection, and then from using sulphones to multidrug therapy.
- A number of different sulphones that had activity in experimental animals were also investigated but were never widely used in treatment.
late 19th century: from German Sulfon, from Sulfur (see sulfur).
More definitions of sulfoneDefinition of sulfone in:
- The British & World English dictionary