(chiefly British also sulphonic)
- An organic acid containing the group —SO2OH.More example sentences
- Taurine (2-aminoethanesulfonic acid) is different from other amino acids in that it contains a sulfonic acid group in place of the carboxylic acid group, and it is not incorporated into proteins.
- They would presumably have familiarity with the published work prior to the 152 Patent and realise that no solvents other than sulphonic acids seem to work.
- About 5 g poly + RNA from each sample was loaded on a 1% formaldehyde agarose gel and run in 1x 3 - (N-morpholino) propane sulfonic acid plus 4% formaldehyde running buffer.
More definitions of sulfonic acidDefinition of sulfonic acid in:
- The British & World English dictionary