(chiefly British also sulphonyl)
noun[as modifier] Chemistry
- Of or denoting a divalent radical, —SO2—, derived from a sulfonic acid group.More example sentences
- Phenyl methyl sulphonyl fluoride was added to the cell lysate and the lysate stored on ice until use.
- Methyl sulfonyl methane is a source of organic sulfur, an important component of disulfide bonds in the laminae.
- It is our intent here to illustrate this mechanistic similarity by reviewing the mechanism of the most widely utilized organic osmolyte, the sulfonyl amino acid, taurine.
More definitions of sulfonylDefinition of sulfonyl in:
- The British & World English dictionary