1Give a brief summary of something: Gerard will open the debate and I will sum up
More example sentences
- And those brief details sum up half a century in the life of Bobby Bell, so little is known about him.
- Andrew Gimson in the Telegraph sums up precisely what this means for the election.
- This comment precisely sums up what is expected of a historian when he writes down a narration or a report or a book.
1.1 Law (Of a judge) review the evidence at the end of a case, and direct the jury regarding points of law.
- As the learned judge said in his summing up to the jury, motive is irrelevant; intention is important.
- It was therefore rather surprising to me when His Honour Judge Denison summed up to the jury that any military use would do.
- Judge Russell then sums up the facts and the arguments presented to the jury.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.