- A squash that is eaten before the seeds and rind have hardened. Unlike winter squash, summer squash does not keep well.
More example sentences
- Cultivars of Cucurbita pepo variety melopepo, family Cucurbitaceae
- Unlike summer squash, butternut squash has a hard, inedible skin that is easily removed with a vegetable peeler.
- A borer-resistant summer squash is still some years away, however.
- The dividing line between summer squash and winter squash thus corresponds to differences in use.
More definitions of summer squashDefinition of summer squash in:
- The British & World English dictionary