Definition of sunflower in English:
A tall North American plant of the daisy family, with very large golden-rayed flowers. Sunflowers are cultivated for their edible seeds, which are an important source of oil for cooking and margarine.
- Helianthus annus, family Compositae
- And a farmer would find that planting peas before sunflowers promises the highest sunflower yield - 1,490 pounds an acre.
- Other crops include alfalfa, wheat, grapes, sunflowers, safflower, and walnuts.
- The owner clearly knows what she likes for she has given the entire space over to two species planted in tubs, sunflowers and tomatoes.
Definition of sunflower in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan