- A ditch with one side formed by a wall or with a fence running along the bottom.More example sentences
- Beyond the sunk fence six Kerry cows followed each other across with wading step and stood under a lime tree.
- By both opening up the views with the use of the sunk fence or ha-ha and landscaping the park on a large scale to create better views, Vanbrugh created the world's first landscape garden.
- The sunk fence wall, on the east of the cemetery, for which the consecration had been deferred, is a great improvement.
More definitions of sunk fenceDefinition of sunk fence in:
- The British & World English dictionary