Definition of sunstar in English:
A widely distributed starfish with a large number of arms.
- Genus Solaster, class Asteroidea
- Cuckoo wrasse are also common, and soft corals and red sunstars add some colour to the rusty steel.
- Behind this woven blanket lay a wall packed with life - large sunstars with dozens of arms, crinoids, sea cucumbers and basketstars, small as your palm in purple and neon orange.
- Large sunstars decorated the rock and I noted many types of starfish, including cushionstars, spiny starfish and blood henries.
Definition of sunstar in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan