noun[in singular] chiefly North American
- The time in the morning when the sun appears or full daylight arrives: they worked from sunup to sundownMore example sentences
- At sunup and sundown, the lagoon becomes a communal meeting place for locals.
- From sunup to sundown, an overwintering bird's focus in life is to feed its face.
- For the record, my dogs sleep in the house, so there is no night disturbance, and the birds sleep sundown to sunup, so there are no night noises coming from my yard.
More definitions of sunupDefinition of sunup in:
- The British & World English dictionary