Definition of supercomputer in English:
A particularly powerful mainframe computer.
- It costs less to make a cluster computer out of a group of personal computers or workstations than to buy a supercomputer to perform enormous mathematical tasks.
- When completed, the machine will be one of the fastest, most powerful Linux-based supercomputers in the world…
- Grid computing seeks to create virtual supercomputers by expanding the clustering concept across multiple locations and domains.
- Example sentences
- This configuration can yield affordable, virtual supercomputing for applications whose data or tasks can be processed in parallel.
- Advances in scalable storage architectures promise further changes that will continue to drive supercomputing into more commercial IT organizations.
- The use of supercomputing in all of these areas is growing, and it is increasingly essential to continued progress.
Definition of supercomputer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia