A particularly powerful mainframe computer.
More example sentences
- It costs less to make a cluster computer out of a group of personal computers or workstations than to buy a supercomputer to perform enormous mathematical tasks.
- When completed, the machine will be one of the fastest, most powerful Linux-based supercomputers in the world…
- Grid computing seeks to create virtual supercomputers by expanding the clustering concept across multiple locations and domains.
- More example sentences
- This configuration can yield affordable, virtual supercomputing for applications whose data or tasks can be processed in parallel.
- Advances in scalable storage architectures promise further changes that will continue to drive supercomputing into more commercial IT organizations.
- The use of supercomputing in all of these areas is growing, and it is increasingly essential to continued progress.
Definition of supercomputer in:
- The British & World English dictionary