Definition of superconductor in English:
1A substance capable of becoming superconducting at sufficiently low temperatures.
- A computational search is well under way for superconductors with higher critical temperatures than substances already found in the laboratory.
- Visitors can look at mono-crystals used for optics and electronics, biomaterials and superconductors.
- And superconductive material is the opposite of an insulator: an insulator stops electricity, but a superconductor will allow electricity to flow freely through them.
1.1A substance in the superconducting state.
- Squid is an acronym for Superconducting Quantum Interference Device, a method developed to detect tiny fluctuations in magnetic fields using a superconductor cooled by liquid helium.
- These superconductors usually contain more oxygen atoms than predicted by valence theory.
- Unfortunately, the predictions were overly optimistic and there are many inherent problems that must be overcome before the full potential of ceramic superconductors is realized.