- (In the Democratic Party) an unelected delegate who is free to support any candidate for the presidential nomination at the party’s national convention.More example sentences
- She also arranged a private meeting later in the day with uncommitted superdelegates.
- The former president says he also sees an effort afoot to strong-arm undecided superdelegates to make their choice fast.
- This morning, Barack Obama picked up two additional superdelegates.
More definitions of superdelegateDefinition of superdelegate in:
- The British & World English dictionary