Definition of supernatant in English:
Denoting the liquid lying above a solid residue after crystallization, precipitation, centrifugation, or other process.
- Samples were then centrifuged (17,000 × g for 10 min), and supernatant fluid was stored at - 20°C for VFA analysis.
- Ammonia N was determined on the supernatant fluid using the phenol-hypochlorite procedure.
- The supernatant fluid was filtered and centrifuged.
nounBack to top
A volume of supernatant liquid.
- The suspensions were spun at 1000 g for 30 minutes and the supernatants were filtered and lyophilized.
- All extracts were centrifuged at 10000 rpm for 5 min, and the supernatants were then evaporated under vacuum to dryness and resuspended in appropriate solvents to a final concentration of 1 mg/ml.
- After various time intervals the supernatants were removed, cell samples were fixed with paraformaldehyde solution for 30 minutes at room temperature.
Definition of supernatant in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan