Denoting the liquid lying above a solid residue after crystallization, precipitation, centrifugation, or other process.
- Samples were then centrifuged (17,000 × g for 10 min), and supernatant fluid was stored at - 20°C for VFA analysis.
- Ammonia N was determined on the supernatant fluid using the phenol-hypochlorite procedure.
- The supernatant fluid was filtered and centrifuged.
A volume of supernatant liquid.
- The suspensions were spun at 1000 g for 30 minutes and the supernatants were filtered and lyophilized.
- All extracts were centrifuged at 10000 rpm for 5 min, and the supernatants were then evaporated under vacuum to dryness and resuspended in appropriate solvents to a final concentration of 1 mg/ml.
- After various time intervals the supernatants were removed, cell samples were fixed with paraformaldehyde solution for 30 minutes at room temperature.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of supernatant in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.