- A large and powerful state or union formed from a federation of nations: we are not advocates of a European superstateMore example sentences
- In reality the only political grouping which could have any effective and meaningful voice against a European superstate is the Commonwealth of Nations.
- If the superstates described by Orwell are reminiscent of the Cold War blocs that inspired them, they have less obvious relevance to a world with a single military superpower like the US.
- Nobody who looks at this treaty can say it's some ramp for a federal superstate.
More definitions of superstateDefinition of superstate in:
- The British & World English dictionary