Definition of superstitious in English:
Having or showing a belief in superstitions: many superstitious beliefs and practices are connected with sneezing
More example sentences
- What are you doing because of some irrational superstitious belief that may have been affecting your life for years?
- Even if the occupants of the building harbour no superstitious beliefs, customers can be lost and predictions of bad luck and misfortune can result by neglecting the demands of feng shui.
- This may be because of a superstitious belief that making a will hastens your demise.
- Example sentences
- For the moment, they are cautiously, superstitiously, optimistic.
- All we do is rather superstitiously take down our decorations.
- The interpretation of eclipses affected the outcome of strategic battles in ancient times, and even today these celestial events are regarded superstitiously by many.
Words that rhyme with superstitiousadventitious, Aloysius, ambitious, auspicious, avaricious, capricious, conspicuous, delicious, expeditious, factitious, fictitious, flagitious, judicious, lubricious, malicious, Mauritius, meretricious, nutritious, officious, pernicious, propitious, repetitious, seditious, siliceous, suppositious, surreptitious, suspicious, vicious
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.