Definition of supplementary in English:
Completing or enhancing something: the center’s work was to be seen as supplementary to orthodox treatment and not a substitute for it
More example sentences
- During the process of transcribing his notebooks, he made additional annotations in the margins referring to supplementary information he had since collected.
- Computer programs can allow learners to access supplementary information easily and quickly and also allow the learner to control the pace.
- Nor has any effort been made to provide supplementary information of any sort, not even a few background production notes on the case or its insert.
nounBack to top
A supplementary person or thing.
- Obviously we are a panel of three and different members of the panel will explore different issues, but we may well ask supplementaries in order that we can ensure that the areas on which we require further information are well explored.
- To dismiss his band mates as supplementary would be totally unjust as besides some pretty half-hearted vocals that seem to have been added as an afterthought there's a level of freewheeling invention that surpasses most.
- Example sentences
- Ketogenic milk was introduced supplementarily in 55 patients and exclusively in five patients.
- Thus, the steam-turbine generator may be supplementarily fired in addition to the waste heat.
- Several Mesozoic bivalves from Japan, which were overlooked in the preparation of the present catalogue or described after the completion of this manuscript, are supplementarily listed below.
Words that rhyme with supplementaryalimentary, complementary, complimentary, documentary, elementary, parliamentary, rudimentary, sedimentary, testamentary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan