adjective[attributive] • informal
- Certain to succeed: bad behavior is a sure-fire way of getting attentionMore example sentences
- The consultant is a sure-fire way to make sure you get your hands on someone if something is broken.
- Ever since then, the fine brains who pronounce upon these things have told us that moving to the right is a sure-fire way for Labour to win elections, but never mind.
- It's the only sure-fire name train-wreck waiting to happen.
More definitions of sure-fireDefinition of sure-fire in:
- The British & World English dictionary