- The tension of the surface film of a liquid caused by the attraction of the particles in the surface layer by the bulk of the liquid, which tends to minimize surface area.More example sentences
- Water so treated will show a change of temperature, surface tension, viscosity and electrical conductivity.
- To get this weak force to effectively push a liquid surface, the team produced a liquid interface with low surface tension.
- He's unaware of any other physical mechanism for minimizing a surface besides surface tension.
More definitions of surface tensionDefinition of surface tension in:
- The British & World English dictionary