- (Of a missile) designed to be fired from the ground or a vessel at an aircraft.More example sentences
- The two men are suspected of trying to smuggle into this country shoulder-fired surface-to-air missiles designed to shoot down aircraft.
- The same day, a shoulder-launched, surface-to-air missile was fired at a US aircraft, but missed.
- A US defence official said the land-based surface-to-air missile was fired from the Crimean region of Ukraine.
More definitions of surface-to-airDefinition of surface-to-air in:
- The British & World English dictionary