- A small migratory wader of the sandpiper family, with mainly dark gray plumage and a short bill and legs, breeding in Alaska.
More example sentences
- Aphriza virgata, family Scolopacidae
- The sandpipers, surfbirds, and turnstones fly in separate flocks with each flock moving as one.
- The turnstones were still pretty active but they stayed close to the surfbirds and did not stray far out of range of the camera.
More definitions of surfbirdDefinition of surfbird in:
- The British & World English dictionary