noun (plural same or surfperches)
- A deep-bodied livebearing fish of the North Pacific, living chiefly in coastal waters. Also called sea perch.
More example sentences
- Family Embiotocidae: several genera and species
- I got my protein from spear fishing in the sea for surfperch, halibut, sheephead, opaleye, and octopus.
- Adults let senorita fish and several species of surfperch clean them.
- Kelp beds and offshore reefs create habitat for a wide range of fish, with surfperch being the most common.
More definitions of surfperchDefinition of surfperch in:
- The British & World English dictionary