noun (plural surgeons general)
- The head of a public health service or of an armed forces medical service.More example sentences
- Approval was practically guaranteed as agencies from the DoD, Army, Air Force and the consultant to the Army surgeon general for Veterinary Clinical Medicine scurried to expedite Fluffy's retirement.
- Furthermore, the Air Force surgeon general has developed expeditionary medical teams with the capabilities to support war fighting that can be readily tailored and deployed to domestic disaster scenes.
- ‘Your commander has to approve, the medical group commander has to approve, and then the surgeon general of the Air Force has to approve,’ Kirk said.
More definitions of surgeon generalDefinition of surgeon general in:
- The British & World English dictionary